Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Getting Back Into the Game

I know it's been a long time since I've posted, but I promise to get back. So many things have happened since 2014 that I don't know where to begin, but my plan is to post short and sweet to give updates on the last 2 years and eventually catch up to today. So, the easiest way I thought would be to look at my phone pictures in order and start from there...


Let's start with June 20th, 2014 at Ironman 70.3 Tremblant. This was probably my best race of the season, even though I was slower than the previous year. I finished 6th in the Pro category in my 3rd race of the year, one spot out of the $$, but oh well. I had a great race and week with the old Team Energi crew. My best memory of this was during the swim when I was shoulder to shoulder with the green wetsuit of Trevor Wurtele. He was the only one with a green suit on so I knew it was him, and I knew he was one of the guys expected to win. I was so excited that I was keeping up that I miss-timed the first turn and by the time I had re-oriented I was two strokes off the back and out of the draft. I put in a solid minute of effort to catch up but they kept getting away and the bubbles from their feet slowly faded. I lost a minute on them and that was the last I saw of the lead group until the run. Lesson learned was to keep your cool, but that was one of the coolest moments of racing that year.



After that race, I spent some time
back at home with my buddy Brian. It was nice to have a weekend off after 4 consecutive weekends of racing. I remember enjoying perhaps a few too many beers, but it was a much needed respite from all of the work I had been doing. This picture was pretty cool, because I'd lived in Haliburton and gone to school there for years, but never gone up to the lookout. We went on a short hike to Skyline Park and the view was pretty amazing.



I suppose I also (re)discovered I had a a shoe problem when I got home and had to document the results. These were most of my running shoes that I had accumulated over the years, and I have the hardest time throwing them away. I'm sure I still have them all stashed somewhere in the attic.

Next stop was Calgary 70.3. I was fortunate enough to be able to stay at my cousin's place and have use of his car while he was away (Thank you so much Robbie!). I'll start from here in my next post, but this should be good for now to get me started again.





No comments:

Post a Comment